The document they present is a strange one: by any interpretation it:
- Has the second-place finisher in the electoral college become vice-president,
- Defers the slavery question until 1808,
- Does not prohibit state abridgement of due process,
- Requires the indirect election of Senators,
- and places no restriction on Congressional passage of pay raises.
Yes, this Constitution is missing all but ten amendments, including the all-important Fourteenth. What sort of civic knowledge was this supposed to foster?