Monday, August 23, 2010

A couple of familiar names in the third party primary.

Those voting in the Libertarian Party primary should be sure to check the list of official write-in candidates at their polling place. Write-ins go on to be listed on the ballot in the general election.

Among them are:
  • Rick Fowlkes, apparently returned from a few years in the Republican Party. Rick is running again for the Corporation Commission, and with his experience in public utilities engineering and appreciation for "real-world" free-market solutions, I believe him more than qualified. Unless he's become one of those anti-science global warming denialists, he gets my endorsement as usual.
  • Thane Eichenauer, running for State Treasurer. Where have I seen that name before? I have no idea of his platform, but I do imagine he supports balancing the budget without any shell-game gimmicks.

No comments: